Thursday, April 3, 2008

Redesigning the kids-pages


Since january 2006 I have been doing the layout and illustrations for the two-spread kids-pages "Æseløret" in danish magazine Samvirke.
From next month the pages will be looking different: There will only be one spread, it will a very short story and a described activity - not multiple text dealing with a topic from different angle and with the different aspects of the topic/ theme. The age group has been moved down to age 2-5, from age 10 - 14 as it has been since we started. This means, that from month of May the text/ the story is meant to be read by the parent to the child, instead of being something the kid read on their own. The spreads will be a social event, instead of just wiki-knowledge for pre-teens. I'm glad I get to be a part of this, and be involved in the development of the new concept. The content will still be written by Turbine Forlaget.
The new concept with one text instead of many, will open up new illustration opportunities for me. My illustrations are always getting over-crowded and suffer from horror-vacuri, hopefully the new and more simple concept will allow the spread to 'breathe', now I only have to focus on one story and not multiple scattered text pieces.

I have posted the new logo/ letterhead for the kids-pages.
I will post the new spread at the end of this month.

Thanks for reading
Erik

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.